Wednesday, 10 November 2010

A Balham mosaic

I suppose this is an entry to file more under 'cute' than 'intriguing' as I'm not sure there's much more to it than its aesthetic quality. It's a long thin strip of mosaic with little more than a recurring flower motif that I came across in Balham the other week. It was obviously the threshold of a decent sized premises in its heyday but now it's spread between two different shops and in places it's starting to look a little worn.
Still, despite its simplicity I was quite attracted to it and thought it was worth a brief mention. Although the flowers are simple they're quite effective and it would be interesting to know what the original store was...

3 comments:

Nutmegger Workshop said...

Absolutely love your site. I also am "one of those people" who adore old signs and buildings. Thanks for your work! Peter

cheap mulberry bags said...

I used to have a friend whose nickname was the Mitcham Obelisk. The reason why has nothing to do with your interesting story, however.
Mulberry bags sale
Mulberry bag sale

UKlocal Movers said...

Hello my friend! I would like to tell you that this write-up is awesome, great written and include almost all important info. I recently came to know about http://uklocalmovers.co.uk/, their Man and Van Balham are very effective.
Man and Van Balham